Many people are starting to ask what makes ProBarn Management different than the other equine professional sites out there. The answer is easy. I am not here to tell you how to feed the horses in your care or how to set up your morning and afternoon grain and supplement program. (Unless you want to on our Q & A page, which I would be happy to answer). We are not going to discuss turnout or no turnout. I am not going to discuss tractors or equipment, watering systems or kinds of bedding.
What we are going to talk about
What we will talk about is the real horse barn management. ProBarn managment is about getting real with horse care and horses. It's about getting to the core of the issue when it comes to problems at your barn and finding a positive solution. It is all about the relationship between the barn owner, barn manager and the client and how they need to be in harmony with one another or otherwise you risk the well-being of any horse business.
Rock solid barn management is about the relationship between the barn owner, barn manager and the client and how they need to be in harmony with one another or otherwise you risk the well-being of any horse business.
This blog is dedicated to helping you with issues like:
- The relationship between the trainer and manager
- Barn owner vs. barn manager and their roles
- Dealing with clients that don't follow the rules
- When youf boarders don't like your hay or how you feed
- When trainers are not doing what they say they are going to do.
- Drama - The silent killer!
- Boundaries and how to establish them
- Are you ready to educate, enforce, comfort and many more hats you will wear
- Growing pains and fear and how they can cripple a barn if allowed.
- How to give a thirty day notice and how to survive those thirty days!
- The financials and when your clients tell you they don't have the money and so much more.
- Special requests and the wild ride you are about to go on with that.
- When horses don't get along...and your boarders are upset
- Barn hours are not just for your clients
- When you finally realize that you can't please everyone
- Learning to say "No" or "We don't offer that service here at our barn."
The list could be endless because even after ten years I still see or hear something that I can't believe just happened.
This blog is about taking your barn, business and life back and turning your barn into a positive place with less stress and issues. Its about real barn management that no one discusses and I am so excited to be part of your journey with you. It is about baby steps and learning to change from the inside and becoming a confident leader.
What many people don't understand is once you start running your barn with confidence and strong leadership your barn will change in ways you can't imagine. It will start to grow and become healthy and before long you will have a waiting list. People want to be at a barn where they don't have to worry about the care of their horse or the stability of a barn.
Remember-your boarders will come to your place because of what you offer but they will stay because of you and how you run your business.
I hope you will join me.
If you struggling in any of these areas or any other part of your business, I encourage you to check out my new book, The Total Horse Barn Management Makeover." It will change how you run your barn and business and it will also give you back your life. This book is the most honest book you will find about running a horse business and turning it around when things are not going good.
I wish you many blessings in your horse business,